12 Best Gifts for Someone with a Sweet Tooth
You know what they say: A way to a person’s heart is through their stomach. And how true it is! If you’re looking for an extra-special surprise for someone you adore, there’s no better option than something they can eat. The key to nailing your edible gift? Make sure to give a treat that honors their taste preferences. If they’re all about the sugary-sweet, consider giving something off this list.
1. A Chocolate Gift Box — There’s perhaps no gift more classic and adored than a box of chocolates. But don’t settle for the basic grocery store variety. Look for high-quality chocolate gift boxes made by small-batch chocolatiers so your recipient gets the whole gourmet experience. Chocolate-lovers always enjoy tasting different varieties, so this gift is sure to delight.
2. A Trip to the Candy Factory — Lean into your inner Willy Wonka and spoil your loved one with a magical journey to the world’s best candy factories. You’d be surprised to find that many of the top candy and chocolate brands welcome guests for tours, and many of them come with tons of free samples! A sweet stroll through the Jelly Belly or Pez factory will be a truly memorable experience.
3. An International Sweets Box — If your recipient is all about stepping out of their taste bud comfort zone, they’ll absolutely adore a sweet gift basket or subscription box featuring international candies and sweets. For example, you could give the gift of Japanese KitKat — who wouldn’t want to try wasabi-flavored KitKat? — or chili mango lollipops from Mexico. There are so many interesting and exciting candies and chocolates from around the world, you could take this present in so many different directions (quite literally).
4. Gourmet Chocolate Bars — The perfect accompaniment to a bottle of wine or a gift card to their favorite restaurant, gourmet chocolate bars always delight. We recommend choosing two or three different varieties so your giftee can taste test and find the one they love (plus, multiples mean they’re more likely to share). Pick out a vegan chocolate bar or two if your recipient follows a plant-based diet.
5. A Chocolate and Wine Basket — Speaking of chocolate and wine … why not lean into their love of these two crowd-pleasing favorites with a sweet wine and chocolate gift basket? Make sure to spend some time thinking through the flavors to create exceptional wine and chocolate pairings that will knock their socks off. The trick? Choose wine that’s a touch sweeter than the chocolate but has a flavor profile that brings out the chocolate’s nuances.
6. Alcohol-Infused Candy — Anyone who loves a bottle of wine or a cold beer and also has a sweet tooth will definitely appreciate some alcohol-infused candy creations. These days, you can find everything from rum-filled chocolate truffles to champagne-infused gummy bears to add to your one-of-a-kind gift basket. Toss in their favorite bottle of bubbly or six-pack to tie it all together.
7. A Baking Cookbook — Got someone on your list who loves to make their own sweets? Then consider giving them a tried-and-true baking or candy-making cookbook by the world’s top sweets experts. Some of the most popular baking cookbooks include Dessert Person by Claire Saffitz, Bravetart by Stella Parks, Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan and Pastry Love by Joanne Chang. Throw in some gourmet baking chocolate and some high-end bakeware if you really want to knock this one out of the park.
8. Novelty Toothpaste — On every gift list, there has to be a curveball to keep you on your toes! If you’re buying for a sweets-lover with a sense of humor, don’t shy away from novelty gifts that honor their love of sugar. For example, you could give the gift of chocolate toothpaste (yes, it’s a thing).
9. Sweet Flavored Coffee — Buying for someone who loves a sweet cup of joe? Help them turn their home coffee into a delicious coffeehouse masterpiece with sweet, flavored coffee and more. From mocha cookie to caramel and gingerbread, plenty of the best bean brands produce yummy options for coffee-lovers with a sweet tooth. You could always include some tasty flavoring syrup or drizzle to help them master barista-level coffee at home.
10. A Hot Chocolate Basket — If you’re looking for an edible present that will warm your giftee in more ways than one, then consider putting together a next-level hot chocolate gift basket that will get them excited to stay in and cozy up when the weather’s cool. Don’t settle for the flavorless powder at the grocery store, though. Give the gift of gourmet drinking chocolate made with premium chocolate. Throw in some marshmallows and a mug to tie it all together.
11. A Gift Card to the Local Candy Store — There’s a reason why we use the phrase “like a kid in a candy shop.” There’s simply no place more joy-inducing in the world! Give your recipient that child-like excitement by surprising them with an all-expenses paid trip to the local candy shop or chocolatier.
12. Homemade Candy — Want to impress your recipient with a sweet surprise they know came from the heart? Surprise them with some homemade candy you crafted in your own kitchen. You might be surprised to learn that making candy at home doesn’t require any special tools or equipment. With basic ingredients, you can whip up Wonka-level creations like lollipops, fudge and even homemade candy bars.
The key to choosing the right present for someone with a sweet tooth is to go with higher end or unique items that they wouldn’t typically buy for themselves. Whether those are small-batch vegan chocolates from gourmet chocolatiers or champagne-filled gummy bears, you’re sure to get a big smile from your recipient when you follow this rule.