Shrimp fried rice recipe
This recipe is one of the easiest dishes to prepare that you can find. It takes only 30 minutes to prepare.
Seafood and rice, especially shrimp and rice, are often an easy and tasty meal. Two of the easiest dishes to prepare with shrimp and rice include shrimp over rice and sautéed shrimp. Cooks can also make shrimp fried rice, shrimp jambalaya or shrimp casserole.
With shrimp and rice, plus a few other basic ingredients, cooks can easily make shrimp over rice. The rice should be cooked first and set aside, and the tails should be removed from the shrimp. Seasonings, such as garlic and parsley, can be sprinkled over the shrimp. This shrimp can be fried in butter and immediately served over hot rice.
Stir-fried shrimp is another easy Chinese dish made with shrimp and rice. The tail-less shrimp should first be stir-fried in a wok over high heat. A variety of chopped vegetables can be stir-fried in the hot wok. Almost any vegetable can be used in a stir-fry, including broccoli, carrots, squash, onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms. The shrimp and vegetable mixture can be seasoned with soy sauce and served over hot rice.
Before cooking with shrimp, it is important to prepare them properly. The dark vein along the back of the shrimp should be removed first. This can be done by cutting the back of the shrimp with a sharp knife and using the tip to scrape the vein. The shrimp should also be rinsed well in cold water before cooking.
To make this recipe even more delicious, you should prepare it with high-quality rice. Click on this link: successrice.com/recipes/easy-shrimp-fried-rice/ for more information.
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil.
- 1 cup diced yellow onion.
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped ginger.
- 1 ½ cup mixed greens (In this combination you can use carrots, pepper and corn, or whatever greens you like).
- 3 scallions (long onion), sliced.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
Preparation of the fried rice with shrimp
- Start by heating a large skillet over medium heat and add the canola or vegetable oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the shrimp and let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the shrimp turns to an orange color. In the same way we turn the shrimp and let it cook for a few more minutes and finally we transfer the shrimp to another plate to have them ready.
- Then we are going to heat a large frying pan or a wok over medium high heat, add half a tablespoon of canola or vegetable oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onions and let it cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Then add the ginger and let it cook for another minute. After this time, add the vegetables, the spring onion, the salt and cook for another 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add the cooked rice, stir for a few minutes until the rice is hot.
- Finally, add the soy sauce and sesame oil and stir well to distribute the seasoning. Then add the shrimp and continue stirring, turn off the heat and it is ready.
- To serve, do it immediately, so that the rice does not get cold.
NOTE: This is a recipe that should be prepared with leftover rice from the previous day. This is because if you use freshly cooked rice, it will have a wet texture and with steam, at the time of frying the rice will be soft. In case you do not have rice from the previous day, I recommend you to do the following; spread the rice that you just cooked on a tray and let it ventilate for 1 to 2 hours, this will help it dry during the process.
The Thai style
Another option is the Thai style recipe: one of the most commonly eaten dishes in Thailand and can be prepared with a variety of ingredients.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (preferably soybean oil).
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
- 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped.
- 4 jumbo shrimp, peeled and cleaned (do not cut off the tail).
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- 250 grams of pre-cooked long-grain white rice.
- 1/2 onion, chopped.
- 1 saladette tomato, seeded and chopped.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped.
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and carrot, and sauté until the carrot has softened slightly.
- Add the shrimp and fry, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp have turned pink. Move shrimp and carrot to one side of the pan, and add the egg. Cook until it has set, stirring to break it into small pieces.
- Add rice, onion and tomato. Mix until all ingredients are combined. Season with salt, soy sauce and sugar. Cook until rice is fried.
- Remove rice from heat and stir in cilantro and scallions. Stir well and serve.