Greek Salad Dressing
Who doesn’t love a great Greek salad? Make your own starting with this Greek salad dressing recipe. This dressing is bold, zippy and delicious. It’s super easy to whisk together at home with basic pantry ingredients.
This Greek vinaigrette is made simply with olive oil, red wine vinegar, fresh garlic, dried oregano and salt and pepper. We’ll add a touch of honey or maple syrup to balance the flavors. That’s it! The end result tastes just like the dressings I’ve enjoyed in Greece.
Homemade salad dressings always taste so fresh and vibrant—they’re simply superior to store-bought dressings and keep well for a week in the fridge. Plus, you can use healthy ingredients, like extra-virgin olive oil, and avoid unnecessary preservatives. Homemade dressings are a win all around, and this one is ready in just five minutes!
Enjoy this dressing on my Chopped Greek Salad, or improvise your own salad with fresh ingredients you have on hand. You’ll find a list of my suggested salad ingredients below, and keep an eye out for a fresh summer salad featuring this dressing later this week.
Greek Dressing Salad Suggestions
Drizzle this Greek vinaigrette over salads made with any of the following ingredients:
- Bell peppers (any color)
- Red onion or green onion
- Zucchini or yellow squash
- Olives, capers or pepperoncini peppers
- Greens: romaine, spring greens, arugula, kale
- Beans: chickpeas, lentils
- Cheese: feta, goat cheese
- Fresh leafy herbs: basil, cilantro, chives, dill, parsley
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds
- Whole grains: farro, quinoa, wheat berries
- Crispy Baked Falafel
Please tell me how you like this dressing in the comments! I can’t wait to hear how your salads turn out.
Greek Salad Dressing
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: ¾ cup 1x
- Category: Salad dressing
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Greek
- Diet: Gluten Free
Make your own Greek dressing with this simple recipe. It’s healthy and delicious. Drizzle this bold Greek vinaigrette on your homemade salads—it will keep in the fridge for one week! Recipe yields about ¾ cup.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup, to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, to taste
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, for heat (optional)
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, honey, oregano, salt, several twists of black pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes (if desired). Whisk until blended.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking. Stir until the mixture is fully blended.
- Taste, and adjust as needed—add another teaspoon of honey if the mixture tastes too acidic, or another ¼ teaspoon oregano for more herbal flavor. If the mixture is overall too bold for your liking, dilute it with a splash of olive oil, or if it’s just not quite right yet, add more salt and pepper.
- Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week. It will separate over time, so just whisk it back together before serving (if the olive oil solidifies a bit in the refrigerator, don’t worry, that’s normal—just let it warm up for about 5 minutes at room temperature or microwave for 10 to 20 seconds).
Recipe adapted from my Chopped Greek Salad.
Make it vegan: Use maple syrup instead of honey.[ays_quiz id=”1″]