Winter Recipes to Keep you Warm
The nights are getting longer and the temperature is dropping, that can only mean one thing: winter is around the corner. So to keep you feeling good this winter season Taylor’s Butchers have rounded up some winter recipes to keep you feeling cosy and warm.
Vegetable & Lentil Soup
There is no better winter warmer than soup. This wonderful vegetable & lentil soup is the perfect treat to keep you toasty this winter season. This is also super easy to make so you can sit back and relax in no time.
- 85g Dried Red Lentils
- 2 Diced Carrots
- 3 Sticks of Sliced Celery
- 2 Sliced Leeks
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 3 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Vegetable bullion powder
- 1 tsp Ground Corriander
- Pour all the ingredients into a large pan and add 1 ½ litres of boiling water.
- Stir well then cover and leave to simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Ladle into a bowl and enjoy straight away!
As you might have guessed this dish originates from Liverpool. It’s not too dissimilar to a stew with tender lamb and slow-cooked vegetables and serves four. Perfect for a cold winters evening.
- 500g lamb neck fillet cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 chopped carrots
- 350g chopped turnip
- 250ml bitter ale
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 500g chopped potatoes
- Toss the lamb in flour and coat well
- On high heat add 1 tbsp oil to a large casserole dish and brown the lamb off in batches. Add more oil if needed
- Reduce the heat and add 2 tbsp of oil with the onion, carrots, turnips, carrots and a pinch of salt until softened.
- Add the meat back to the dish with the ale, stock and herbs.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Place the potatoes on top and cook for 2 hours or until the meat is tender and the potatoes are soft.
Chicken Roasted with Winter Veg
This delicious dish is packed with delicious vegetables and the chicken and Prosciutto combination is sure to go down a treat.
- 1 peeled and chopped celeriac
- 400g peeled and chopped swede
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into chunks
- 2 quartered parsnips
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets
- 4 slices prosciutto
- Preheat your oven to 200℃.
- Put your celeriac, swede, sweet potato, parsnips and garlic in a large roasting tin with olive oil and cumin.
- Toss the vegetables to ensure they are all lightly coated and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While doing this also wrap your chicken in prosciutto slices
- After 30 minutes remove the vegetables and turn them over then place the chicken on top.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked.
- Serve, optionally with broccoli and/or cabbage.
So there you go! Some great winter recipes to keep you warm this winter. These meals are sure to go down a treat with the family and keep you feeling great whenever you have them.
Comments are closed.