Air Fryer Hot Dogs
Air Fryer Hot Dogs taste better than any grilled, boiled or game-day hot dog you have ever had! Making them in the Air Fryer is a game changer!
Serve up these summertime hot dogs anytime of the year! Have them with my famous potato salad, pasta salad or just some amazing homemade fries.
Easy and Delicious Air Fryer Hot Dogs
Air Frying is usually faster, healthier and the results are just impeccable. Hot dogs are no exception! The circulating air wraps around the hot dog cooking the inside to a tender, juicy perfection and creating perfect texture to the outside. They taste better than from the grill, boiled, or even cooked over an open flame. They are so delicious!
Now you don’t have to wait for summer to have the perfect hot dog. Any time of the year you can serve up a hot dog worthy meal right in your air fryer. Placing the bun in the air fryer with the hot dog at the end warms the bun and toasts it perfectly, without dirtying another pan or burning it in the toaster. So when your family is in need of a quick meal, or you are just craving a good hot dog, all you have to do is reach for the air fryer!
Classic Hot Dog Ingredients
With only two main ingredients you can’t get much simpler than this.
- Hot Dogs: Pick your favorite high quality hot dog for excellent results.
- Hot Dog Buns: Be sure to buy a bun that fits the hot dog.
- Optional Toppings: Whatever you desire. Think ketchup, mustard, pickles , etc. See below for more ideas.
How to Make Hot Dogs in the Air Fryer
Air frying hot dogs makes these taste better than fresh off the grill and it is faster! You are going to love it!
- Cook: Place the hot dogs in your air fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
- Buns: For a toasty bun, add your hot dogs to your bun the last 2 minutes of cooking if desired. Top with your favorite toppings!
Know your Air Fryer!
For the first batch of hot dogs, check after 6 minutes to see how they are doing. Some air fryers cook faster, hotter, slower or at a lower temperature. Cook the hot dogs until your desired doneness. Use my times as a guide.
Read now: Top 10 Best Air Fryer In 2021
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Hot Dogs
Hot dogs are easy and a fast meal on those buys weekdays or lazy weeknights.
- Slice or Prick Hot Dogs: Nope, you do not have to prick or slice your hot dogs before air frying. They will not explode on you. You can give them diagonal slits if you want to give them kind of a grilled look, but it is not necessary.
- Quality Hot Dog: The better the quality of hot dog the better the flavor and taste. One of the great things about hot dogs is how cheap they are. You can make a great dinner on a budget and it will taste fantastic.
- No Oil Needed: You do not need to pre-oil your air fryer basket or spray the hot dogs with oil.
- Bun: Toasting the bun in the air fryer is a must try. It creates the perfect soft bun on the inside and a slight toasty crunch to the outside.
How to Serve your Hot and Ready Hot Dogs
There are multiple ways to eat a hot dog and everyone has their opinions. Just remember everyone is right in their opinion when comes to how to eat a hot dog. Here are some ideas though if you need them.
- Condiments: Besides mustard, ketchup, and relish you can add fry sauce, bbq sauce, or cheese sauce.
- Toppings: Chopped onions, sauerkraut, cheese, pickles and even crumbled bacon can be added to these yummy hot dogs.
- Recipes: Use air fried hot dogs to make Texas Corn Dogs, or Chili Dogs. You can even use the air fryer for these awesome Halloween Crescent Mummy Dogs.
Air Fryer Hot Dog
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
Place the hot dogs in your air fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
For a toasty bun, add your hot dogs to your bun the last 2 minutes of cooking if desired. Top with your favorite toppings!