Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy on the outside, ooey gooey on the inside. These cookies are going to change the way you cookie!
Air frying is changing the way we cook from Steak, Pizza, to French Fries. Even Grilled Cheese is better in the air fryer!
Perfect Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
These will truly rock your cookie making world. I had no idea when I bought my air fryer that I would be making cookies in it. But once I saw it, I knew I had to try it. With being able to make dessert in my air fryer now, I do not know if I will have to turn the oven on much. This is actually a good thing as we head into the summer months when it’s too hot to turn your oven on, but you want cookies! With the air fryer you can have your cookies and not heat up your oven in the process.
The air fryer is essentially a convection oven on your counter. Containing all that heat inside is awesome. The circulating air cooks the cookies so they are crispy perfection on the outside and chewy and soft in the center. So if have kids or family like mine, where some like them crispy and some like them soft, this way of making cookies are the answer. Everyone can have a chocolate chip cookie and be happy too!
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookies
All the goodness of a normal chocolate chip cookie recipe, but so much better!
- Butter: Have your butter softened or at room temperature. This will make sure the dough mixes thoroughly.
- Brown Sugar: You can use light or dark brown sugar, but I personally love to use dark.
- Sugar: White sugar helps the cookies brown up while staying moist.
- Eggs: If you can set your eggs out ahead of time so they are at room temperature.
- Vanilla: Classic flavor of chocolate chips cookies, vanilla actually helps chocolate, taste like chocolate.
- Flour: All purpose flour or unbleached flour both make amazing cookies.
- Baking Soda: You will need the both soda and baking powder to help these cookies become light and fluffy.
- Baking Powder: Make sure your baking powder is fresh and has not expired.
- Salt: Your cookies need the salt to balance the sugar and actually helps them taste impeccable.
- Chocolate Chips: I used milk chocolate chips but you can use semi sweet or even dark chocolate chips.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Air Fryer
This really isn’t that different from making chocolate chip cookies in the oven, as far as the recipe goes. Make sure you read your instructions for your air fryer before beginning.
- Cream: In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together butter, and sugars.
- Add: Beat in the eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Combine: Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Mix: Stir in the chocolate chips and mix just till combined.
- Cover: Line your air fryer with parchment paper. Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and drop 4 cookies into the basket of the air fryer.
- Flatten: Using a cup, press the cookies so they are slightly flatter.
- Bake: Set the temperature to 350 and bake for 5-7 minutes
Tips For The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
So even though the dough is pretty much the same for chocolate chip cookies, the method of cooking is a bit different. With a few hints, you’ll have perfect ooey gooey cookies every time.
- Liners: Unlike other air fried foods that do not have to have a liner to bake, cookies do. You can use parchment liners or you can use aluminum foil. I have found that using a liner that is smaller than the basket and keeping the cookies away from the edges works the best. It keeps the cookies from flying too much and the liner from flying around as well.
- Flattening the Cookies: Unlike in an oven, the cookies do not tend to spread in the air fryer. Pressing them flat with the bottom of a glass helps the cookies have that spread out shape. It will also help the cookies cook evenly.
- Leave Space: Do not overcrowd your basket. Depending on the size of your basket expect to only make 4-5 cookies at a time.
- Know Your Air Fryer: It may take a batch or two to get the temperature and timing down, but I can tell you that they will still cook faster than in the oven. YUM!
Read now: Top 10 Best Air Fryer
Cookie Dough Help!
Making Chocolate Chip Cookies is easy, but to make them amazing there are a few things to remember.
- Room Temperature Eggs and Butter: For the best results you really want both your eggs and butter to be at room temperature, or softened.
- Why Room Temperature Ingredients: Room temperature ingredients mix better and easier than cold items. Also when your eggs are at room temperature, they are less thick and sticky. This may also help cookie dough rise more easily. If you use room temperature ingredients you may be able to cut the time needed to bake the cookies.
- Mix until Fluffy: When you mix the butter and sugar till it’s light and fluffy. This will help the cookies rise and be extra delicious.
- Combine the Rest: Don’t over mix the rest of the ingredients, other wise the cookies will be dense and tough.
Variations for the Best Air Fryer Cookies
The easiest way to vary your cookies to vary some of the ingredients.
- Chips: Substitute our the chocolate chips for butterscotch, peanut butter or even white chocolate chips.
- Add: Mix in chopped nuts, craisins, raisins, flaked coconut or oatmeal. About ½ cup is all you need of which ever you add.
- Flavoring: Along with the vanilla add in a bit of almond or coconut flavoring to add a bit of a different flavor.
Storing and Freezing Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
One reason the air fryer chocolate chip cookies are so awesome is you can have warm cookies whenever you want.
- Cookie Dough: You can keep cookie dough frozen for up to 2 months. Form cookie dough balls and set on a cookie sheet. Place in the freezer and freeze from 1-2 hours. Transfer the cookie dough to a freezer safe bag.
- Cookies: Once the cookies cool completely you can freeze them in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
- Store: Keep the cookies in a tightly sealed container or bag for about 2 weeks.
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together cream butter, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
Line your air fryer with parchment paper. Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and drop 4 cookies into the basket of the air fryer. Using a cup press the cookies so they are flat. Bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes.
Comments are closed.