The Best Grilled Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
Shrimp Kabobs are marinated and grilled to perfection for the most scrumptious summer meal. Full of zesty flavors the whole family is going to love these kabobs!
Kabobs or skewers are just a fun and delicious way to prepare food. Try these favorite skewers like these Steak Skewers, Caprese, and Chicken Kabobs.
Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
Shrimp is one of the fastest and easiest proteins to cook for dinner. It cooks up fast and because of its mild flavor, it goes beautifully with an array of spices. These three are my and readers’ favorites and they all have different flavors, but you have to try them sometime too. Sticky Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp, Cajun Garlic Shrimp and Grits, and Creamy Tuscan Garlic Shrimp. And that’s just the beginning of my shrimp recipes!
Grilling shrimp takes just minutes, meaning the longest part of this recipe is the marinade. Including the vegetables in the marinade will impart flavor to them as well, creating a full taste experience. Feel free to add different vegetables or change them up according to what is in season and what your family loves. Even if you do not have a grill, this shrimp kabob recipe transitions easily to the stove top or even the oven. Your whole family is going to love these shrimp kabobs!
What You Need For Shrimp Kabobs
Protein and vegetables grilled altogether for a delicious meal. These shrimp kabobs are a quick and easy dinner! For full recipe see the recipe card below.
- Shrimp: Look for shrimp that has been deveined for easy prep or be sure to devein them yourself.
- Zucchini: Use a combination of green and yellow zucchini for flavor and color variation.
- Red onion: Slice the red onion into chunks, it will sweeten a bit while it cooks.
- Red bell pepper: You can also use yellow or orange bell peppers or a combination.
- Lemon: Slice the lemon slices thicker than you normally would so that it threads easily.
- Shrimp marinade: This is the perfect marinade for your shrimp to enhance the most flavor.
How to Make Shrimp Kabobs
Super easy and full of flavor, these shrimp kabobs are going to be a summer favorite! Add your favorite vegetables and create the best kabobs for your grill!
- Prep: Add the shrimp, zucchini, red onion, red bell pepper, and lemon to a medium-sized bowl.
- Make and Marinate: Prepare the shrimp marinade and add to the bowl of shrimp and veggies. Let marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Skewers: Thread skewers with the shrimp and veggies.
- Grill: Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Thread the shrimp on the skewers. Place on the grill. Grill on each side for about two minutes or until no longer pink.
The Best Shrimp Kabobs Tips
Super easy, these kabobs are going to be new family favorite. Shrimp kabobs are super easy to make and create for the best dinner!
- Shrimp: You can use fresh or frozen shrimp with success. In fact, you do not even have to thaw the shrimp before marinating. The important part will be to make sure it is deveined.
- Skewers: I used metal skewers which are wonderful to just throw in the dishwasher and reuse. If you are using wooden skewers, soaked them in water for about 15-20 minutes to help keep them from burning.
- How do you know Shrimp is done? When the shrimp turns from a gray flabby color and texture to a pink, opaque, firm flesh with a red tail, your shrimp is done. Shrimp cooks fast so keep your eye on it. Do not overcook shrimp, it will become tough and rubbery.
- Vegetables: Your vegetables may not be as done as you’d like but you do not want to overcook the shrimp. You can keep your shrimp and vegetables separate on different skewers so you can keep grilling the vegetables if needed.
- Give it space: You do not want to squish your ingredients together on your skewers. Give them space so that they grill evenly and all the way around.
- Variations: Add sausages, mushrooms, eggplant, or other vegetables to mix it up.
- Cook: You can pan cook this on your stovetop on medium-high heat. Cook till the shrimp and vegetables are done.
How to Store Leftover Kabobs
Leftover shrimp kabobs will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Warm in the microwave or the stovetop until they are warm.
The beautiful thing about kabobs is that you have half of your meal all on a stick. Add a salad or two, maybe a carb and you have a meal that is a great idea any day of the week. From a quiet dinner at home to a family BBQ or a large party, these shrimp skewers are going to be a huge hit. Add some sides and maybe a sweet treat for the perfect dinner. These skewers can also be added to rice or noodles for a yummy stir fry.
- Add the shrimp, zucchini, red onion, red bell pepper, and lemon to a medium sized bowl.
Prepare the shrimp marinade and add to the bowl of shrimp and veggies. Let marinate 30 minutes or over night.
- Thread skewers with the shrimp and veggies.
Preheat grill to medium high heat. Thread the shrimp on the skewers. Place on the grill. Grill on each side for about two minutes or until no longer pink.
Calories150kcal (8%)Carbohydrates8g (3%)Protein25g (50%)Fat2g (3%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat1gCholesterol286mg (95%)Sodium888mg (37%)Potassium359mg (10%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar4g (4%)Vitamin A1036IU (21%)Vitamin C68mg (82%)Calcium188mg (19%)Iron3mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.