The Best Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes are going to be your new favorite side dish. They are fried to a golden brown and the flavor is amazing!
Air fryers and potatoes just go together, everything just turns out divine. Try these other air fried potato recipes,French Fries, “Roasted” Potatoes and Baked Potatoes.
Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
With just a little extra time and effort you can turn ordinary baked potatoes into something extraordinary. Perfect for holidays and special occasions or just because, these garlic butter potatoes will be the hit of the dinner. The little cuts open up beautifully as they cook in the air fryer and the garlic butter oozes into every nook and granny. Topped with herbs and salt these potatoes are insanely delicious. Your whole family is going to love them.
Hasselback potatoes are simply an ordinary potato thinly slices in such a way that when they bake the slices separate and create a fan like appearance. This allows for butter, herbs and seasonings to sink deep into the cracks and throughout the potatoes. They are crispy, flavorful and super impressive! Serve them up with Slow Cooker Beef Tips, Cast Iron Pork Chops or Instant Pot Chicken.
Ingredients for Garlic Butter Potatoes
I love the extra freshness that comes from the fresh herbs, if you don’t have them you can used dried. Use half the amount of dried as you would for fresh, as dried will have concentrated flavor.
- Potatoes: About 4-5 Russets.
- Salt and Pepper: Add more or less to taste.
- Butter: Butter and potatoes just go together.
- Fresh Parsley, Thyme and Rosemary: Incredible fresh flavor.
- Garlic: Mince the garlic for best flavor.
Making Air Fryer Hasselbacks
The hardest part of these potatoes is waiting for them to cook!
- Potatoes: Wash and scrub the potatoes. Slice the potatoes thinly leaving a half inch base at the bottom.
- Season: Salt and pepper the potatoes as desired
- Butter: In a small bowl combine melted butter, parsley, thyme, rosemary and garlic.
- Baste: Place the potatoes in the bottom of your air fryer basket. Brush the garlic herb butter along the tops of the potatoes.
- Bake: Cook at 360 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
Read now: Top 10 Best Air Fryer In 2021
How to Cut the Perfect Hasselback Potatoes
There are a couple of different ways to achieve this classic look, and there are a few tips to make it easier.
- Sharp knife: Make sure your knife is sharp and do not use a serrated knife. They’re not the right tool for the job
- Hasselback Cutter: Yes there is such a thing, and I use this one here found on Amazon.
- Spoons: If you don’t have a hasselback cutter never fear. Take two wooden spoons and place them on either side of your potato as you slice them. This will create a natural stop for your knife so you don’t accidently cut all the way through.
- Chopsticks: These will do the same thing as the spoons. Place on either side of the potato and again it will create a natural stop for your knife.
Tips and Toppings!
These take a bit more time than regular baked potatoes but the taste and appearance is totally worth it.
- Potatoes: Russets are the go to potatoes for this side dish. You can use golden or red potatoes too, but they will be softer, and the outsides will not crisp up as nicely.
- To Peel or Not to Peel: It a total preference. We love the way the skin adds flavor, texture and crisps so nicely. It also houses a good portion of the nutrition in potatoes, but you can definitely peel them if you are not a potato skin person.
- Flavor: Experiment with flavors and seasonings. You can use chili powder, Italian seasoning, and ranch or create your own mix of flavors.
- Top it: Top these with cheese, sour cream, bacon, any of your favorite toppings or just a little bit more butter. You can eat them straight from the air fryer as well.
- Baste it: For more intense flavor save half of your seasonings and reapply half way through the cooking time. The potatoes will have opened up some and allow for more butter goodness to seep down it.
Air Fryer Garlic Butter Hasselback Potatoes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 Potatoes
Air Fryer Garlic Butter Hasselback Potatoes are going to be your new favorite side dish. They are fried to a golden brown and the flavor is amazing!
size russet potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
fresh parsley finely chopped
fresh thyme finely chopped
fresh rosemary finely chopped
Calories341kcal (17%)Carbohydrates31g (10%)Protein4g (8%)Fat23g (35%)Saturated Fat15g (75%)Trans Fat1gCholesterol61mg (20%)Sodium211mg (9%)Potassium725mg (21%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A711IU (14%)Vitamin C10mg (12%)Calcium33mg (3%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.