Glazed Lemon Brownies
Quick and easy Lemon Brownies that are perfectly moist and chewy! The Lemon Glaze on top is the perfect finishing touch, it will be hard to stop at one!
Lemon is a favorite flavor that makes winning favorites divine! You have to try this Chicken, Scallops and Shortbread Cookies.
Lemony Lemon Brownies
These lemon brownies are AMAZING!!! Like I can’t stop thinking about them, I want to make another pan right now amazing. Even my family members that do not appreciate lemon like I do, loved these brownies. They are tart and sweet. Thick and chewy these lemon brownies can really satisfy your sweet lemon cravings.
My favorite part about these brownies is that they are so easy! Grab some lemons from the store and you probably have all of the ingredients on hand. They mix in no time at all and are ready to throw into the oven! But let’s be honest. The glaze is probably my favorite part to these brownies. It is the perfect sweet n’ tart, lemony finishing touch. I know that you guys are going to love these brownies! You have to try them today!
What you Need for Easy Lemon Brownies
All you need is a lemon or two and you are set for the best lemon brownies ever!
- Butter: Soften the butter by bringing to room temperature or softening in the microwave. Do not melt.
- Sugar: Adds the necessary sweet.
- Eggs: Adds richness and acts as the binder.
- Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemon juice.
- Lemon Zest: From the same lemon you juiced.
- Flour: All purpose flour will work perfectly.
- Salt: Adds balance to the flavors.
Lemon Glaze Ingredients
- Powdered Sugar: Perfect counterbalance to the lemon.
- Lemon Juice: Fresh from the same lemon you used for the bars.
- Lemon Zest: From the other half of the lemon.
How to Make One Bowl Lemon Brownies
These only make a 8×8 inch pan. This can cause problems when everyone eats them before you get one! Don’t take chances and make a double batch. hide the other half just for you.
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy removal.
- Mix: In a large mixing bowl or using a stand mixer add the butter, sugar, and lemon zest and beat until it is fluffy.
- Add: Add in the eggs and lemon juice, mix till combined.
- Beat: Add in the flour and baking powder and beat until it is combined.
- Bake: Pour into the 8×8 inch prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. remove and let cool.
- Glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and zest from the other half of the lemon. Pour over the top of the slightly cooled lemon brownies.
Why Are They Called Brownies?
If these are filled with lemons instead of chocolate, how can they be called brownies? It is because these Lemon morsels have the same texture as your favorite fudgy brownie. They are thick and rich. Yet you find them a bit lighter than your average fudgy brownie, which is divine. The fudge like texture melts in your mouth, leaving you wanting more. You’ll notice there is no leavening agent (baking soda or powder) in this lemon brownie recipe. This helps create that fudgy brownie like texture you are going to fall in love with. Now when you want a dense rich dessert but not the chocolate, you can reach for these!
Tips for the Best Lemon Brownies
You might need more than 1 lemon depending on its size. Look for bright yellow lemons with thin firm skin.
- Zesting Lemons: Wash your lemons thoroughly before zesting. If you don’t have a zester you can use the smallest holes of a cheese grater. You want to stop zesting once you hit the pith or white part as it is quite bitter.
- Juicing Tip: Cut and quarter your lemons and then microwave them for about 30 seconds. This helps the lemons release more of its juice.
- Can I use bottled lemon juice instead of lemons? You can but it will definitely change the flavor a bit. I always prefer fresh. When substituting lemon concentrate for real lemon juice in a recipe, use two tablespoons of bottled lemon juice to replace the juice of one lemon. Substitute lemon juice concentrate for equal proportions in any recipe calling for lemon juice.
- Glaze: If you add the glaze while the lemon brownies are slightly warm, it’ll seep in to the brownie making it that much more moist and tender. But make sure they have cooled mostly first.
- Add more Lemon: If you are fan of lemons like me, add more zest for more zing.
- Store: Keep these in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature or in the fridge for 1 week. Note they will become more moist and dense as they sit. Day 2 is divine. Freeze these as well for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter till ready to serve.
Glazed Lemon Brownies
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 10 Bars
Quick and easy lemon brownies that are perfectly moist and chewy! The Lemon Glaze on top is the perfect finishing touch! It will be hard to stop at one!
of Lemon juice
- zest from ½ of a lemon
- zest from ½ lemon
Calories212kcal (11%)Carbohydrates28g (9%)Protein2g (4%)Fat10g (15%)Saturated Fat6g (30%)Trans Fat1gCholesterol62mg (21%)Sodium154mg (6%)Potassium30mg (1%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar21g (23%)Vitamin A338IU (7%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium10mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.