Funfetti Popcorn (Bunny Bait)
Funfetti Popcorn is a fun springtime treat that is sure to satisfy! This is a sweet, salty colorful treat perfect for Easter or any other special occasion!
Fun snacks can make any occasion more festive and tasty! I love whipping up these favorites when I need them: Chex Mix, Ranch Pretzels and Caramel Popcorn.
Funfetti Bunny Bait Popcorn
If Bunny Bait isn’t part of your Easter traditions yet, it needs to be! This sweet and salty colorful snack mix is a quick and easy family favorite! The bright colors are a perfect way to celebrate the beginning of spring. It is a celebration snack that is guaranteed to disappear as fast as you can make it. This Funfetti popcorn is extremely addicting. Everyone loves it children and adults alike.
It is not just for Easter or spring though. This truly magical snack is awesome for birthdays, baby or wedding showers or just because you have an incredible craving. White Chocolate combines wonderfully with the salty pretzels and popcorn giving it that perfect sweet and salty flavor. M&Ms add the rich milk chocolate that is simply irresistible. The colored candy melt draws your eyes in and your stomach cannot help but follow! This is truly a fun addictive snack.
Ingredients For Bunny Bait
These simple ingredients are super customizable. See below for other add in ideas, but these make the best combination of flavors for your Bunny Bait.
- Popcorn: Use plain microwave popcorn or you can pop your own.
- Pretzels: I used pretzel sticks but you can use twists too.
- M&Ms: Use springtime colored M&Ms if you can find them.
- White Chocolate Chips: I prefer a good quality white chocolate such as Guittard or Ghirardelli.
- Candy Melts: I used pink colored candy melts.
- Sprinkles: This is optional but adds to the fun of the snack.
Making Funfetti Popcorn
This comes together in about 15 minutes. It does take some time to set up, but you can have this ready to eat in no time!
- Snack Mix: In a large bowl add the popcorn, pretzel sticks, and m&m’s.
- Melt: In a small bowl add the white chocolate chips and melt in the microwave stirring after every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Combine: Pour over the bowl of popcorn and stir until everything is coated. Spread on a baking sheet.
- Color: In a small bowl add the pink candy melts and microwave stirring after every 30 seconds or until smooth. Drizzle on top of the popcorn and let harden.
- Serve: Break the popcorn up and serve.
Tips for the Best Bunny Bait
This is called bait for a reason, it lures one in with the fun colors and then catches you as you eat it and can’t stop. The Bunny part is simply because bunnies and spring and Easter are synonymous. Whether you call it Funfetti popcorn or Bunny Bait you can also call it delicious.
- Work Fast: Have all the ingredients ready to go before you melt your chocolate, because once it is melted it starts to harden. You want to get everything mixed in before it hardens too much and it doesn’t stick together.
- Do Not Over-stir: You want to mix it well but don’t over-mix it either. With every stir you will crush popcorn and pretzels and you want to leave them as whole as possible.
- Piping: For the candy melt you can use a zipper sandwich bag and snip the corner off of one end to pipe it over the bunny bait. You can also just use a spoon and drizzle it over the top.
Variations for Addicting Funfetti Popcorn
This is called Funfetti Popcorn as well as Bunny Bait because of how it resembles the smattering of colors in a funfetti cake. All the different colors truly make it whimsical and fun to eat, just like these funfetti cookies and blondies. Switching up the mix or adding in different foods is easy. Just keep the proportions the same and you should be good to go.
- Nuts: Try peanuts, pecans, almonds, macadamia or walnuts!
- Cereal: Cereal can be a great mix in. Cheerios, Chex, Captain Crunch or Golden Grahams are some ideas to get you started, but there are so many more you can choose from.
- M&Ms: These days there are more M&M varieties than I can name. Pick one you think would taste good and go for it. You can’t go wrong with them!
- Other Candy: Reeses Pieces, gum drops, gummy bears, marshmallows, jelly beans or candy eggs could be tasty additions.
- Candy Melts: You can find these in the baking section of your store or even your craft store. You can use a variety of colors, blue, purple, yellow and green to add to the pink or instead of it.
- Holiday Customization: You do not have to limit yourself to once a year with this funfetti concoction. Adjust the colors and candies for any or every holiday!
More Fun Snack Foods For Every Occasion
It is always nice to have a go to snack for every occasion. Snacks can be fun, healthy, sweet or savory. Whether you need a sweet treat or a salty snack, I have just the recipe for you. With these tried and true recipes in your arsenal, you will always be prepared.
- 6 cups popped plain popcorn popped
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups M&M’s
- 2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pink colored candy melts
- optional: sprinkles
In a large bowl add the popcorn, pretzel sticks, and m&m’s.
In a small bowl add the white chocolate chips and melt in the microwave stirring after every 30 seconds until smooth.
Pour over the bowl of popcorn and stir until everything is coated. Spread on a baking sheet.
In a small bowl add the pink candy melts and microwave stirring after every 30 seconds or until smooth. Drizzle on top of the popcorn and let harden.
Break the popcorn up and serve.
Comments are closed.