3 Exquisite Father’s Day Lunch Recipes for the Special Day
The day dedicated to the coolest and most respected men in our lives is here and we are not going to miss any chance to make it amazing.
With so many wonderful Father’s Day traditions including gifts, cards, desserts and parties, there’s no way the day won’t be special.
However, there’s one more thing that dads would love to have on their special day, an absolutely exquisite Father’s Day meal. Even more so, if his beloved children made it for him.
Therefore, in this article, we have got you some of the most delicious, dad-themed Father’s Day lunch recipes to help you curate the perfect celebration for your dad.
One-Pan Lamb With Hassleback Potatoes
Let him appreciate the elegant flavours of herbs and garlic spread all over a delicious roasted lamb and Hasselback potatoes.
While this amazing recipe can be a tad complicated, we’re sure you and your siblings will be able to execute it perfectly. Let’s take a look at the recipe
- Take a leg of lamb approximately 2 kg in weight and make about 25 to 30 incisions all over it.
- Now slice some garlic cloves and slowly push them into the incisions with your finger.
- Take a few sprigs of thyme and rosemary and push them into the incisions similarly and refrigerate the lamb.
- Remove the lamb from the fridge an hour before roasting and keep it aside.
- While the lamb rests, you need to chop a few potatoes into thin slices but not all the way through.
- Once done, insert a bay leaf in the middle of every potato and pour them all into a roasting tin along with some garlic cloves and sprigs of rosemary and thyme.
- Pour some oil over the ingredients and then place the lamb into the tin by pushing the potatoes on the side.
- Rub some more oil, lemon juice and seasonings on the lamb and roast for an hour and a half.
- Shake the tin a few times in between, remove the lamb and after letting it rest for 15 mins, serve it with some green olive and herb dressing.
Grilled Tequila Steak Tacos With Fresh Lime Margaritas
Here’s another very dad-themed Father’s Day meal idea to celebrate this joyous occasion with the family.
The recipe is fairly simple and is actually inspired by one of the most loved Mexican dishes. Here we go!
- To prepare the margaritas, take a medium pitcher and blend half a cup of fresh lime juice and Cointreau with ¾ cup of tequila.
- Serve with slices of fresh lime and ice and keep some of it aside.
- Now blend some garlic, shallot, cilantro, jalapeno and some margarita in a mixer to prepare the marinade.
- Marinate the steak in the marinade for about 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Now season the steak with salt and pepper and grill it for about 3-4 mins on each side on medium-high heat.
- Let it rest, slice and then place the slices on the tortillas with some chopped up radishes, avocados and some sour cream. Serve with a delicious glass of margarita.
Piri Piri Chicken
A simple, yet very palatable Father’s Day lunch recipe that shall certainly bring the family together for an amazing meal together.
Now let us find out how we can prepare this exceptional dish with an exquisite taste and spicy flavour.
- Throw some dried chillies and vinegar into a pan and boil.
- Turn off the heat and let the chillies soak until the vinegar turns cold.
- Now add the chillies and vinegar into a food processor with some garlic and red chillies and mix.
- Now add some smoked paprika, oregano, thyme, sugar, a pinch of salt and lemon juice into the mix and blend again to finish preparing the marinade.
- Put the chicken into a dish and then make a few incisions all over the chicken.
- Now pour some marinade all over it, massage it properly and let the chicken marinate for about 4 hours.
- When ready, roast the chicken for 1 hour at 180C and then 220c for 30 minutes before you pull it out.
- Now let it rest for half an hour and serve with some potato wedges and chilli & mint peas.
With these three simple but exquisite Father’s Day lunch recipes, you can make sure that your dad has the time of his life with the family.
Now that you know all about them, it’s time to get your siblings together and plan the perfect Father’s Day for dad.