Best Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
On lazy Sundays or tiring Mondays, many times a day, we feel like eating something extremely flavourful without making any hassle. For me, it is around 100 times a week. For people like me, I have brought an easy & hassle-free recipe. It can be a great savior on those ‘not-feeling-to-do-anything’ days. And it is called lemon pepper chicken in a microwave oven.
What is lemon pepper chicken?
Lemon pepper chicken is a delicious recipe made from fresh & tender chicken breasts with the help of a few basic ingredients. In this recipe, we seal the juices of meat inside in a quick heating process. Thus, it does not lose its nutritional value. For a light yet perfect diet, lemon pepper chicken tops the lists of menus.
Why it is the best option for a quick dinner:
For me, this is an easy to go never-failed recipe. You only need three other ingredients with chicken. That’s why it is a preferred recipe whenever you have forgotten to visit the grocery store. There is another amazing point of this recipe. Since it only takes 20-25 minutes to be cooked in a microwave oven, it is the best for those days when you are loaded with work. It is a short, simple, and high-protein diet. Moreover, it can be cooked in less time and with bare minimum ingredients. What else do we need to call the best quick dinner?
- 2-boneless chicken breast
- 2-tsp crushed black peppercorns
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 1-tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2-tablespoons of oil
- Lemon zest
- Salt to taste
Recipe of lemon pepper chicken:
On the very first step, we will prepare the chicken for marination.
- You can split the chicken breast into two. Then give little butterflies cuts on the pieces. These cuts will help the meat to absorb the spices well.
- Take a bow and put the chopped coriander leaves in it.
- Now cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice out of it in the bowl.
- Put 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste in the marination.
Also, add salt to your taste as well.
Now mix the ingredients well.
- Now put the chicken breasts in the marinade. In this step, you are advised to use your hands. Cover the meat with the marinade cautiously. Make sure you cover the cuts on the breasts and put the marinade in them too.
- Now crush fresh peppercorns for around 2 tbsp and add them to the bowl. Then again, massage the chicken breasts lightly in the spice.
- Use the other half lemon and grate the skin of it very lightly. Use the lemon zest in the marinade too.
- After mixing all the ingredients and meat well, add 2 tbsp of oil to the marinade and cover the bowl in plastic wraps. Then, put the marination aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While you are preparing for the marination, put the microwave oven to preheat at 180° C.
- Let the meat rest well in the marinade. Then, take a baking tray and grease it well with cooking oil.
- Now place the chicken breasts on the tray side by side. Place the extra marinade left on the top of the meat.
- Next, cover the baking tray with aluminum foil completely. Now place the tray in the microwave oven carefully.
- Then, wait patiently and let the chicken be baked for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the tray from the microwave oven.
- Then, give the tray 2-3 minutes to cool down. After that, remove the aluminum foil.
- The chicken will be cooked fully by then. Although, you can check the meat to be sure if it is cooked or not.
- For that, enter a toothpick or a fork, or a chopstick in the thickest part of the meat. If it comes out clean, then you are ready to eat this amazing dish right away.
- Place the chicken breasts on your favorite plate. Garnish it with freshly chopped coriander and thin lemon slices. Then, serve it hot.
Tips for a perfect lemon pepper chicken:
- Use boneless and skinless chicken. Chicken thighs can also be a great option instead of chicken breasts for this lemon pepper chicken.
- Slitting the chicken and giving the meat butterfly cuts are crucial for the dish. Too thick meat can’t absorb the spices well to the core.
Preheating of the oven:
Don’t forget to preheat your oven beforehand. A preheated oven ensures even cooking. Also, the high heat locks the juices inside the meat. Thus, you get a juicy lemon pepper chicken dish rather than a dry one.
Covering the baking tray:
It helps to keep the flavor and juices intact in the meat. If you don’t cover the tray, the chicken meat can get dry. Moreover, it can lose the aroma of the spices.
The best part of this lemon pepper chicken dish is, you can use any herb of your choice. Go with thyme or basil if you don’t want to use cilantro.
Options for side dishes to serve with it:
- You can serve mashed potato with butter by the side of this lemon pepper chicken.
- You also can serve tossed vegetables in olive oil. The seasonal veggies like broccoli, beans, carrot, spinach, and others can be a great pair with this dish.
Only steaming the veggies, then lightly saute in olive oil and peppercorns, and salt. Then you are absolutely ready for a perfect dinner with lemon pepper chicken and steamed veggies tossed in olive oil.
Read more: Top 10 Best Slow Cookers
Thanks for sharing this article. Itâ€™s really informative and gave in detail explanation about food blogs.
Comments are closed.