Baked Chili Cheese Dogs
Chili Cheese Dogs are like no other hot dog you have ever had! These are fast, easy and insanely delicious.
When you are cooking for a crowd this is the way to go! Serve these dogs with Beans, Corn, and Potato Salad for a picnic dinner winner!
Chili Cheese Dog Bake
These baked chili cheese dogs are going to rock your potluck, game day world! It is the best way to get a whole bunch of savory, delectable chili dogs done at once and done to perfection! Baking them creates a toasty bun that holds up to the chunky chili. The melty gooey cheese holds it all together. You are going to love how easy these chili cheese dogs are, and everyone is going to love how scrumptious they are!
These will take you back to the good old days for sure! Chili dogs are almost like a comfort food. They are savory, salty, super cheesy and completely soul satisfying. Baking the Chili dogs makes it easy to get them done all at once at the same time. Everyone can eat together at the same time. Unfortunately chili cheese dogs do not save well so I highly recommend only cooking what you need. They are so quick and easy you can bake more in jiffy you need them. You have to try these!
What You Need for Chili Cheese Dogs
Create your favorite hot dogs, buns and toppings to make these chili cheese dogs that your whole family is going to love.
- Hot Dog Buns: Use a hearty bun to help hold up to the chili.
- Hot Dogs: As always have your favorite hot dogs on hand so you can have these at a minute’s notice.
- Chili: Use your favorite canned chili or make this best-ever chili!
- Shredded cheddar cheese: Shred your own cheese.
- Optional Toppings: Chopped Red Onions and Chopped Parsley
Making Baked Chili Cheese Dogs
Use a 9×13 pan with sides to help brace the buns up so they do not fall over.
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9×13 inch baking dish add the hot dogs. Put the hot dogs into the bun.
- Top Them: Evenly top with the chili and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake: Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and heated through. Top with optional toppings.
Tips for The Best Baked Chili Dogs
Baking these chili dogs makes them perfect for holding, yes they are messy but they are worth the extra napkins.
- Buns: Use good quality buns for the hot dogs and chili. The baking will help toast them which will keep them from getting too soggy.
- Condiments: If you want ketchup, mustard, or relish, put it on the buns before you place the hot dogs inside.
- Cheese: Shred your own cheese, most store-bought shredded cheese usually has anti-caking agents and preservatives which prevents the cheese from melting.
- Hot Dogs: If you like a good crust on your hotdog, grill or bake the hot dog before you place it in the bun.
- Make-Ahead: Make the chili a day or two ahead of time if you want, this will make it even faster to assemble.
- Left Overs: These do not save well. The buns will get soggy if you have leftovers. I recommend removing the hot dog and chili from the bun and saving that in an airtight container. Toss the buns and get new ones for the leftovers.
Variations for Chili Dogs
There are lots of ways to customize these chili cheese dog bake to please your crowd.
- Cheese: Use different cheese for different flavors. Mozzarella, Colby jack, and pepper jack for a kick. If you like your chili dogs really saucy use this incredible homemade cheese sauce.
- Toppings: I love the red onions on these, but there are other toppings you can use. Mushrooms, pepper, jalapeno peppers, and tomatoes.
- Broil: If you really want to crisp up the bun and melt the cheese you can place the baked dogs under the broiler for the last few minutes. Keep an eye on them so they do not burn.
- Sauces: Some like to drizzle an extra bit of flavor with sauce on top or on the bun before baking. Ideas include Fry Sauce, Buffalo Sauce, and even Chick-fil-A Sauce. You never know it could change the way you chili dog.
Chili Cheese Dogs
- 6 Hot Dog Buns
- 6 Hot Dogs
- 1 (15 ounces) can chili or Homemade Chili
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped Red Onions
- Chopped Parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9×13 inch baking dish add the hot dogs. Put the hot dogs into the bun.
Evenly top with the chili or homemade chili and shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and heated through. Top with optional toppings.
Thank you for some other informative site. Where else could I get that type of info written in such a perfect method? I have a undertaking that I’m just now running on, and I’ve been on the glance out for such information.
I have been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this website. Thank you, I’ll try and check back more frequently. How frequently you update your site?
Comments are closed.