10 Best Fruits to improve immunity in 2021
A healthy immune system can easily fight and protect you from diseases, even the pandemics like COVID-19. With a network of various biological processes, the immune system can recognize the foreign pathogen and kill the invaders directly.
In the current situation 2021, for Covid-19, there is no particular vaccine or medicine that could protect you. But there are some supplements, vitamins, food, and fruits that could strengthen your immunity and help you fight off the diseases.
Here in this blog we have listed the 10 Best Fruits to improve immunity.
How to Improve Your Immunity During COVID 19?
A healthful, balanced diet plays a vital role in keeping you healthy and strong. Below is the list of some fruits which may help to boost your immune system in 2021:
Avocado is a green, pear-shaped fruit enriched with healthy fats, fiber, and various vital nutrients.
1. Here are some of the most abundant nutrients:
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1, B2, and B3
2. Avocados are very high in potassium. Potassium plays a role in reducing high blood pressure, which is a significant risk factor for heart attacks, strokes, and kidney failure.
3. Avocado is rich in fats and is high in monounsaturated oleic acid, a heart-healthy fatty acid. Oleic acid is a component of olive oil that provides many health benefits.
4. Another nutrient with which Avocados are rich in fibers. Fibers help in weight loss, reduce blood sugar levels linked to a lower risk of many diseases.
5. Avocados can show improvement in heart disease risk factors like total, “bad” LDL, and “good” HDL cholesterol.
6. Avocados are full of antioxidants important for eye health and reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration.
Papaya is a fiber-rich fruit enriched with iron, folate, B6, calcium, magnesium, and vitamins A, C, B1, B3, B5, E, K, and potassium. Papaya is also a rich source of properties like antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancerous properties.
1. Fiber-rich papaya is good for digestion and a healthy gut. Papaya improves the metabolism of your body. By maintaining a healthy gut, you are naturally boosting your immunity.
2. Papaya is rich in several vitamins and minerals that make it a great immunity booster. Papaya also helps in reducing inflammation caused due to cold, sore throat, and flu due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Rich in antioxidants, papaya helps improving heart health. and helps in reducing the oxidation of cholesterol, which helps in decreasing the bad cholesterol level.
4. Papaya has great anti-cancerous properties; it reduces cell progression in case of tumors and cancer. Due to anti-cancerous property, it has been used in breast cancer treatment in the initial stages.
Bell Pepper is rich in nutrients and vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamine C, Vitamin E, Folate, fibers, and antioxidants.
Vitamin A: Helps in vision, immune function, cell growth, and normal organ functioning.
Vitamin B6: Helps in supporting the central nervous system and maintaining metabolism.
Folate: Vitamin B9(folate) for normal cell growth and development.
Vitamin E: Keeps blood vessels healthy.
Fiber: Helps in the gut by supporting regular bowel movements.
Vitamin C: Bell peppers are a great source of antioxidants that help to protect against oxidative cell damage certain major diseases like Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular diseases, etc.
Oranges are well known for immune system-boosting vitamin C.
Vitamin C rich oranges can help in :
- helps to prevent cell damage,
- encourage the production of collagen,
- lower the levels of the stress hormone,
- as well as your blood pressure.
Grapefruits are a rich source of high fiber, minerals, antioxidants, and vitamin C, which support your immune system and eyesight.
Many other vitamins and minerals fin grapefruit provide benefits to improve immunity, including vitamin A and protect against inflammation and several infectious diseases. Study shows that people who included grapefruit in their diet three times daily for six weeks experienced reductions in blood pressure. Consumption of grapefruit also showed improvements in total cholesterol and “bad” LDL cholesterol levels.
Grapefruit contains nutrients and antioxidants like beta-carotene, lycopene, and flavonoids, which may help to prevent heart diseases, cancer, growth of the tumor, and risk of heart diseases.
Blueberries are healthy fruit with low calories and high fibers, which is best for weight loss. The high fiber content in blueberries is suitable for digestion. Berries have natural antihistamines, which help to reduce inflammation. A compound named pterostilbene present in berries breaks lower down the cholesterol level.
They’re loaded with antioxidants that keep you healthy and prevent the damage caused by oxidation due to free radicles and lower the risk of cancer.
Apples are rich in fibers and natural sugars. Apple skins are also rich in nutrients, contain quercetin. Quercetin is a type of plant pigment flavonoid that helps boost your immune system and helps in reducing inflammation.
Pears are rich in vitamin C, plenty of fiber and potassium, anti-inflammatory flavonoids in their peels.
Pears are rich in essential antioxidants and fibers. Consuming pears can help in weight loss and reduce a person’s risk of cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
Watermelon is an immune-boosting fruit. Watermelon has lycopene which is an antioxidant linked to decreased risk of cancer, heart disease, and eye disorders. Watermelon also provides vitamin B6 that helps your body break down the protein you eat for proper immune function.
Watermelon is also rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, glutathione, and potassium.
Bananas are one of the most popular and healthier fruits used worldwide to strengthen immunity. Eating bananas can lower down your blood pressure and may reduce the chances of cancer.
Bananas are rich in potassium. Potassium also helps muscles to contract nerves, maintain the fluid levels in or out and maintain blood pressure.
Bananas contain fiber, potassium, Vitamin B9, and antioxidants, such as vitamin C. to boost the immune system.
Do add the list above fruits to your diet for all these amazing health benefits.
Read now : Top 10 Best Air Fryer